Friday, November 27, 2015

I'm No Man :(

The specialty of the sukkah as an all-embracing medium of connection with G-d is best understood in light of the significance of the “home” to the human being.
Our sages point out how deeply rooted is man’s desire for a home. The desire for a home is much more than the need for shelter and security—the satisfaction of these needs alone, without a plot of land to call one’s own, does not satisfy the craving for a home. The Talmud goes so far as to say that “One who does not possess a homestead is not a man.” The need for a home is intrinsic to the soul of man and a defining aspect of the human state.
Thus, a person’s identification with his home is not confined to the hours he spends within its walls. Also when he is at work, visiting with friends or taking a stroll in the park, it is as the owner of this particular home that he works, visits or strolls. Since his very humanity is incomplete without it, it is part and parcel of everything he does.

 Don't remember where I saw this but I saved it and now I'm sharing it. Me. (I wanna say, "I'm no 'it'" but alas, these words doresh that I don't.) 

No comments: