Friday, July 13, 2012

THE ROV SAID THAT 70 = 20.

After weeks and weeks of trying to brush off the niggling concerns, I am blessedly and finally and utterly at peace.

Baruch Hashem. 

The Rov told me that according to the Torah, if both a 70 year old and a 20 year old are in danger, there is absolutely no preference as to whose life takes precedence.

That's it; it's all over now.

And now I can go into this with strength, confidence and pride, the powerful beams of Torah light guiding me and protecting me.

Baruch baruch Hashem!!

5 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Always happy when you are happy -- even when, as now, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. <3

Pragmatician said...

hi,

just saw your comment on my old blog.

How I miss those times, I re-read some old comments and had so much fun.

Kol hakaod you still blog!

I think you and David (http://davidonthelake.blogspot.com/) are the only ones who did not give up.

Pragmatician said...

Hmm that ruling sounds a bit strange to me, but I'm no Rav of course.

the sabra said...

Ruti and Pragmatician, so exciting/flattering that you're here and commenting. Thanks :)

Ruti, it's time we catch up. I'm the slacker in email response, I know.

Prag, I too go back n read old comments, so so nostalgically wonderful, but sometimes I get a bit disconcerted, wondering if it's okay that I'm alone on this island..

Re what the Rov said, I asked a specific question for a specific case and that is what he answered me, but possibly in a different scenario the ruling would be different. Didn't sound like it though.

rutimizrachi said...

I'll look forward to our next burst of chatfest, whenever it happens, dear one.