Monday, July 04, 2011

I'm at a farbrengen of the Rebbe.

OH. MY. G-D.

I'm watching a video of the Rebbe's Yud Beis Tammuz Farbrengen of 1985 and I'm shaking. For the first time, I'm watching the audience and I'm putting myself in their heads, their minds, their hearts.

People are watching the Rebbe talk, listening to the words, the Chassidus, the lessons, the G-dliness..
They nod, they watch, they focus, they lean in BUT OMG DO THEY REALIZE THAT THEY ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF G-D?! FORGET G-DLINESS, THIS IS HASHEM SPEAKING THROUGH THE THROAT, THE VOICE, OF THE REBBE!
I'm shaking!! I can't believe people could be in the same room and not be on the floor in a faint. How are people not swaying with awe and emotion.
It's like there are people, and then there is the Rebbe who is higher, smarter, wiser, more righteous than everyone else, hence it is the Rebbe speaking, not someone else.
DON'T THEY GET IT!? THE REBBE IS NOT IN OUR CATEGORY!!
It's not us and the Rebbe, separated by a Bima.
It's THE REBBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then us. If even that close.
We're worlds apart. The Rebbe! Our Rebbe! My Rebbe...
I'm crying. I wish I could be by a farbrengen of the Rebbe.
I wish we could all be with the Rebbe at a real farbrengen. And the Rebbe smiling, proud of us, giving us lechaim, outlining how we can achieve higher and higher, not just how to get ourselves out of this muck and mire.
I wish we could be so close to the Rebbe in real life, and not from my living room with a laptop....

2 comments:

Sheyna Ariel said...

I know exactly how you feel!!! We made a Gimmel Tammuz Farbrengen at our house this year and last and people were telling their storied with the Rebbe. I was in awe and felt jipped all at the same time. We really need him, we really need Moshiach already!

Channa said...

With a Tehillim he sat through the night,
Pondering deeply into his plight.
The Rebbe's image in front of his eyes,
Oh, where is Moshiach, he sighs.

Three times a day we would have the great Zechus,
The Nosi Hador would come Daven with us.
How can I live when a Shabbos goes by,
Without a Farbrengen, he cries.

Rebbe, oh Rebbe, we need you.
Hashem, Hashem, Kel Rachum,
We're sick of this Golus, can't bear anymore,
Why don't you open the door?

Your children are yearning to be with you,
How long can this Golus (n"a torture) continue?
Bring the Geulah, fulfilling your vow,
To bring Moshiach right NOW!