Sunday, November 29, 2009

Today I Killed A Man

Today I killed a man,
And I am very hurt to tell,
The thing that was most strange,
Was who he looked like as he fell

I'd rather have kept silent,
And with hindsight clear and bright,
I'm sure I was mistaken,
Just to have begun the fight

Today, I got all bloody
As I beat my best friend down,
I thought that since I'm right,
I'm right for taking him to town

At times I feel so righteous
And it's hard to not say why,
And sometimes I can say something
That makes my best friend cry

I never raised a fist to him;
I beat him on the phone,
I said that if he's going it,
He's going it alone

I'd stabbed his back, he left
And he never got to see
That, today I killed a man,
And the man I killed was me

-
Thought of this rhyme more than once recently.
The blog from where I took it is now blocked, and he only has one post left on his old blog.

11 comments:

Mushkie said...

Scary stuff...

Baruch said...

Interesting.
On the topic of closing blogs, it kinda makes sense. I think the blogsphere has changed us, in many ways good, but not all.
But I'm very thankful that you've kept it up.
Reminds me of the good old days when we were young and bloggish. and saw the world that way...

the sabra said...

1, If it's not necessarily good, then why are you happy I kept it up?
2, Saw the world which way?
3, I never saw my blog as being very blog-like. In that I mean not centered around my readers.

Baruch said...

Shavua Tov
1. It is good, yet I think I understand and relate when someone closes their blog or expresses the idea that a blog is great but we give up something of our atzmiyut for it. (if thats a word)
I think that for me the turning point was when every time an idea came to me, I wanted to blog it right away, obsessively. It was as if the creative part of my brain barely belonged to me anymore...
Whether it is good or bad I can only say for myself. Your blog is your doing, and very entertaining, for that I am grateful.
2. Seeing the world through our opinions and feelings, which is always true, but perhaps having the world as an audience for the first time made the the world seem smaller and more interested in what one had to say. Previously, the only way to do it was to stand on a milk crate...
3. Which is why I believe blogging CAN be productive without depending on acknowledgment

mishmum said...

I knew it was familiar. Hmpf.

Rachel said...

Pressing the "Like" button.

Rachel said...

(Mishmum, would it be too much chutzpah to correct your spelling?)

the sabra said...

1. Love you.
2. Yes, it would be. What spelling!? Of Hmph?!

Rachel said...

1. Me too. I mean, I me you.
(2. Yes, it is indeed "Hmph.")

the sabra said...

mishugeneh

mishmum said...

Sheesh!




Hmpphhhhffff!!!!