Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My JPost Submission (ranked 2 outta 3 pffff)

Two months ago, I received the following email in my inbox:

Hello The Sabra ,

I've stumbled upon your blog "Al Tishali Oti" and I would like to interest you in joining the Jerusalem Post’s Submission Contest powered by BloggersBase. com

I thought your posts could fit perfectly in this contest, which is powered and driven by users like you.

Top-rated entries will be published in The Jerusalem Post online and print editions, increasing your overall exposure.

If you are eager to opine about what's making the headlines, or what's not, if you care to get exposed to a huge audience of the Jerusalem Post and BloggersBase combined and be published in a major international newspaper, please join now at: http://www.bloggersbase.com/jpost/

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime.

--
Tali Dahan
Content Manager | www.bloggersbase.com
Email: Tali@bloggersbase.com

----------------------------------------

I submitted something last week and now I received this reply:

Congratulations the sabra,

The weekly competition at BloggersBase has just ended and you ranked second out of the three that published Nuggets in the People Goldmine. This means that you have earned the opportunity to publish posts to the surface People blog for the next week.

Publish posts to the People blog during the next week to gain more exposure and traffic. Your active participation increases the chances of this upcoming blog to be promoted into the status of regular blog.

To see your status as well as further statistics, please visit your profile page on BloggersBase.

Congratulations and Good Luck,
The BloggersBase Team.

Tips:

- Now you'll be able to submit multiple posts to the surface blog, which will improve your chances of winning the Timeslot!

- Inviting more friends to join BloggersBase and vote for you will increase your chances of winning next time.

12 comments:

the sabra said...

I really have no idea how this thing works but I feel cool. And that's the ikkar.

Yossi said...

I would for sure have voted, if I knew there was a subgarage level of blogs for the JPost, and then a level under that

the sabra said...

That's what you would have voted me for? Oof, aizeh basah that you didn't know about this earlier..!

Mushkie said...

psh psh.

the sabra said...

Heehee now I got this:

Congratulations the sabra,

The weekly competition at BloggersBase has just ended and you ranked second out of the three that published Nuggets in the Spirituality and Faith Goldmine. This means that you have earned the opportunity to publish posts to the surface Spirituality and Faith blog for the next week.

I'm always comin in second outta three. It cracks me up.

Rachel said...

HELLO! WOOHOO!?

I'm offended by myself for not having read this sooner.

I'm sheppin nachos (ch like cheetah) like a shveeger eats mexican food.

the sabra said...

Rachel rachel. Your funniness is illegal.

Btw, I'm thinking I should ask a friend or two to vote for me. Only to make a Kiddush Hashem/Lubavitch of course.

Heehee that looks like I just equated those two things.

Rachel said...

Nu, so ask me.

the sabra said...

Friend, would you please vote (positively??) for me on my posts that I've submitted to the Jpost thingamajig?

Foe, same for you. But exchange that question mark in the parenthesis for one of exclamation :)

Rachel said...

Can you link it to me?

the sabra said...

I think it's too late cuz none of my stuff are on the main page, but actually wait, I think that doesn't matter, oy it's all very confusing for me.
Go check it out, here in my post, click on where I wrote "I submitted something" and it'll link to one post. Then you can click on my name as author and read all the ones I did. I think my average rating there is 4 or 5 out of 10. That's not so tov. Heehee.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?