Thursday, September 24, 2009

My First (Almost) Real Day of Teaching

"Almost" cuz I was with someone for one period. The other two though (davening with older kids and teaching with younger kids) I was alone. (Yes, yes--with Hakadosh Baruch Hu at my side, of course.)
I am drained.
Muy muy drained.
My voice is hoarse, my body is aching, I'm weak all over.
Drained.
That was hard. Nay, it was challenging. Not so unwelcome though, this challenge of mine. Exit challenge, enter depression. Stay, please :)

Next goal: See if someone actually learned something in class.
Ok that's not fair. They DID learn. They jumped three times while saying "kaparot" (new word for them). They better understood where a shofar comes from. (Played 'pin the shofar on the ram') They saw how we are supposed to act on Yom Kippur. (Dressed up in angelic white and non-leather crocs and a black hat, held sefer, threw away food and drink) One kid kept answering "YES!" when I asked if we're allowed to eat on Yom Kippur. Chiquito, seriously now..!
And the older kids, too. Reviewed 'gav' that I taught em yesterday. Played the shofar game which went way better than with the younger kids (4 yr olds vs 3 yr olds. huge ubber HUGE diff!) Made em sing davening super loudly.
Ye. Baruch Hashem.

BTW, this was all typed from the principal's office. No gasp needed-permission was present.

No comments: