Friday, March 13, 2009

אמן יהא שמיה רבא

Said the Alter Rebbe: "In Gan Eden they sense the preciousness of this lowly world. Not only the Ministering Angels, but even the earliest Emanations would forgo everything for one "amein y'hei sh'mei raba" said by a Jew 'with all his power,' meaning with full concentration (ie being totally immersed and involved with these words)."
This was all he said. The effect was that he kindled such a flame and such a burning enthusiasm in all who heard, that for a full year their amein y'hei sh'mei raba was fiery.

And I? I cannot even go to shul....

7 comments:

Dovid said...

But that's exactly the reason your saying amen yehey shmey rabbah with full concentration is special, because it doesn't come naturally. If it was natural to you would be a malach.

Chaya Y. said...

mach do 770!

Dovid said...

I meant to say: If it was natural to you, you would be a malach.

chanie said...

May you soon find the koach to do so.

the sabra said...

Kids, kids-read the post. I don't use words such as "can't", lightly.

Dovid said...

sabra- Umm, I think I get it, you mean there is no shul, so you cannot go, right?

the sabra said...

Something like that...