Monday, February 09, 2009

White Birds

Look!
Look at what?
The birds!
What of them?
They're white!
They're white?
From the snow!
The snow?
The snow made them white!
The snow made them white?
The snow covered them!
But they're flying.
The birds are flying?
The snow can't stay.
The snow can't stay?
The snow can't keep the birds white.
But I see white birds.

White birds...
White birds...

Your glasses.
My glasses?
They're covered in snow.
They're covered in snow?
That's why you see white.
That's why I see white?
The birds are not white.
But I see they are white.
It's from your glasses.
The snow on my glasses?
The snow on your glasses.
So the snow still made them white.
The snow still made them white.
The birds are white from the snow.
The birds are white from the snow.
Were the birds white before?
The birds were not white before.
So now there are white birds!
Yes, now there are white birds.
From the snow!
From the snow.

White birds...
White birds...

I like white birds.
You like white birds?
I like that the birds are white.

You like that the birds are white?
I like that the snow made them white.

You like that the snow made them white?
I like that the snow made me see white.

Even if it's from your glasses?
Even if it's from my glasses.

White birds...
White birds...

What do they tell you?
What do they tell me?
The birds.
The white birds?
The white birds.
The white birds carry calm.
They carry calm?
The white birds harbor happiness.
They harbor happiness?
The white birds pronounce peacefulness.
They pronounce peacefulness?
The white birds exude exuberance.
They exude exuberance?
The white birds spread serenity.
They spread serenity?
Yes.
The white birds do all that?
The white birds do all that.
But they're just birds!
They're white birds.

But they're white from snow!
They're white from snow.
From the snow on your glasses!
From the snow on my glasses.

White birds...
White birds...
White birds...
White birds...


I see white!
You see white?
I see white birds!
You see white birds?
White birds are flying!
I said white birds are flying!
But I see them now!
But you don't have glasses!
I don't have glasses.
But you see white birds?
I see white birds.
How are the birds white?
From the snow.
But the birds are flying!
The snow can stay.
The snow can't stay!
The snow can stay...in my heart.

White birds...
White birds...
White birds...

7 comments:

mishmum said...

Oh ya! Me like.
A bit reminded me what I did re "criticism". Will send it to you separately.
HP. Just did it last night.

chanie said...

Gorgeous.

the sabra said...

Chanie: Thank you.

Just me said...

WOW!!! Loved it...so profound..could mean so many things. Love reading your mind...

the sabra said...

Hey thanks, you. Yes, it could mean many things. I was intrigued by it, myself ;)
Thanks for carin enough to come and read...

Ben-Yehudah said...

B"H

But to where is she flying?

Whoops. Did I say "she?"

the sabra said...

I do like this piece.