Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good Memories From Shabbat (with him)

"Contracts can be broken."
Look of pure disbelief and ill-concealed rage.
Hearty guffaw.
"Woohoo! It was worth it just for that look!"
"No, it wasn't."
"Oy that was SO funny! SO worth it!"
"Ok fine, so it was funny. But now, back to what we were saying.."
"No. It's too funny."
"OK! So it was funny! NOW, can we continue?"
Laughing. Laughing. Laughing.
--
Finding out that I was the "loving Jew" in the dedication.
--
"I don't think you're complicating. I think you're misunderstood."
--
"Hey good Shabbos. I brought my boyfriend."
"Which one?"
--
"Can you get her to stay another year?"
"We're trying; she doesn't want to!"
"Nu, so call the nu.."
"Call who?? Tell me who to call and I'll call!"
--
Looks across the table, straight at me and says "You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about".
--
"Oh stop being a ba'al teshuva" he retorted-under his breath-exasperatedly.

5 comments:

Rafi Goldmeier said...

it is getting hard to read the posts with the different colors. you need more contrast...the browns and purples and small-font blacks are tough to make out..

the sabra said...

I was in a bad mood. So I made my blog dark.

es said...

I'm not sure who 'Him' is (capital H, can that be G-d? He laughs? He has a boyfriend?), but I hope whoever it is falls under that same 'nice, normal and not norwegian' category. I have a feeling you could use some more of those.

For the record, I'm available all day to day. My phone is conspicuously idle.

the sabra said...

Huh? Which capital Him?

the sabra said...

Gosh this is embarrassing now that I know they read it...