Tuesday, August 12, 2008

loneliness (free writing. two parts)

When the loneliness gets too much
when the forest is big and empty
when the trees bend over at the top
covering you (not in the protective way)

when the walls loom high and narrow
when its thick and solid and straight
when there is nobody to talk to
when you are all alone

when you read of others pain
and you're one in a distant way
cuz as much as you are him
and he is also you
you are so vastly different


and it's lonely
when you save for a year and lose it all at once
and it's lonely
when you travel to the wrong destination
and it's lonely
when you are a genius
and it's lonely
when you are the tallest one


i don't like the feeling
i really really don't
i hate that i have to saw the trees
the trees that others planted
i don't like the feeling
i really really don't
i hate that i have to smash the walls
the walls that others built
i don't like the feeling
i really really don't
i hate that i have to be the one
always have to be the one
the one to say 'it's me'

--

to run in the fields
have my hair run free
flaxen
the sun pays attention
and we wink at one another
and i run and i run and i run
there is no beginning
and there is no end
there is only running
there are no other people but they do exist elsewhere
i am alone but not alone
it's about me and my running
and i run and i run and i run


and back to reality
same with writing
when i write, im running
my fingers run free
the screen pays attention
and we nod towards one another
and i write and i write and i write
there is no beginning
and there is no end
there is only writing
there are other people but they exist elsewhere
i am alone but not alone
its about me and my writing
and i write and i write and i write

and i'm running
im running free dear, im running free

(Written June 7/8)

6 comments:

Es said...

Its me. I'm commenting. Mwa.

Fajita said...

I'm remembering this...and still love the same line I did a year and more ago...

:')

the sabra said...

More like two months and more ago :)

Thanks!

Fajita said...

so then im remembering weird stuff...

I'm gonna search my email

the sabra said...

K. Interested to hear what you're confusing this with.

(Hint: On the bottom of this post I wrote when it was first written.)

aoc gold said...

THE WIND

(Part I)

Who has seen the wind?

Neither I nor you;

But when the leaves hang trembling,

The wind is passing through.

(Part II)

Who has seen the wind?

Neither you nor I;
But when the trees bow down their heads,

The wind is passing by.

~by wow powerleveling