Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Yeh; and I'm a drummer."

From you, Seth Olansky

Yeh I'm a drummer
Bam!
A drummer
Bam!
A drummer! drummer! drummer!
Bam! Bam! Bam!

When I stand on my feet,
I hear your music;
When I hear your music,
I listen to your beat;
When I listen to your beat,
I watch your face;
When I watch your face,
I feel the rhythm of your feet.

You're a drummer
Bam!
A drummer
Bam!
A drummer! drummer! drummer!
Bam! Bam! Bam!
A drummer! drummer! drummer!
Bam! Bam! Bam!

Drum
from within
only from within
Drum
to let out
only to let out
Drum
to be free
only to be free
Drum
to be you
Drum
to be me

only to be you
bam bam bam!
only to be me
bam bam bam!

You're a drummer;
Yeh, you're a drummer.
You're a drummer;
Yeh, you're a drummer.

Too, I'm a drummer; bam!

6 comments:

the sabra said...

the guy is freakin t-a-l-e-n-t-e-d

the sabra said...

and hey i really like this piece
you gotta know how to read it
call me and ill do it over the phone for you
hehe

the sabra said...

whew im commentin a lot.
--
Former Sephardic Chief Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu was rushed, once again, to the intensive care unit of Jerusalem's Shaarei Zedek Medical Center on Tuesday, just before noon. The rabbi's condition was described as "critical."
The public is asked to pray for a complete and speedy recovery for the rabbi-

R' Mordechai Tzemach ben Mazal Tov.

mishmum said...

Very BAM! VERY BAM! GOOD!!
BAM BAM!

REALLY REALLY BAM!!

All yokes aside. Very good. Very impressive, yes, spiritual. Yes, meaningful. BAM! BAM!

the sabra said...

I love how I did FROM Seth (vs FOR Seth). Cuz it really WAS from him.

the sabra said...

And from Marshall. Apostrophe "s".

Funny to see how 'simple' this piece is when I remember the intensity of those hours.