Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm not dead! Do you hear me?*

The suddenness of life. Instant strife. Cut through like a knife. Split second here then gone. What did I do wrong? And even if I did, can I not sing the song - of life, I’ve got children and a wife. A son engaged to be married overseas. Minding my own business, why'd you shoot me, please! I demand to know. Was it something I said? For now I'll close my eyes and rest my head. But although I'm gushing blood and consciousness, too, I’m not dead. I'll be back, I'm not through. Reeling them in one at a time, you'll pay for your crime. Crimes against humanity, run now, but just this time, I'm coming back again, but not to get you, you see, it's G-d who is master of creation and is tzedek/justice, it's up to his mercy. Set my soul unbound by the Brooklyn concrete light. I don't fight, I take flight, gone in the sky, back another day, this message I'll relay: Set my people free from Brooklyn slavery. Set me free. That's it, my delivery.

Delivery from a nameless enemy, making victims from afar. Your gun is a coward, you’re busted up, insides ajar. Comprehension to a minimum, blinded by your muzzle flash. Past, again climbs to the night, frightened by your trigger pulling finger, you turned around in flight. Darkness of the night covering over actions so impure. Writing rhythms over blood, you're dance will hit the floor. No gore for my listeners, beseeching up above, that your justice is meted out - by the heavens, not white gloves. So stuff your pain, and now regain your consciousness, realize this game you've lost. Brooklyn circles jugular, in disdain you count your loss. Try not to edit thoughts as they flow in tears, a stream. Hot reminiscent flashes, bright focused laser beam. Burning scorching over underwritten crimes in 71st precinct. Under noses, tense and smelling. Crown Heights took a beating.

---
Time slows down, down to the sound, flying faces all around, lying dirty in this pit, RIP, is what the rock reads, etched in stone, doesn't have to mean forever, you see, one day the Earth will heal my flesh and I will repossess my soul from ancient days, gone not. Now back to the fore, back for more, up from the floor, will come bodies, emptying graves, alive as day, day forever now, taking the time to stretch away, one long day, of sleep without a peep, deep under, sometimes six, sometimes not, thunder felt in chests, rained on pained, limbs whole and complete, competition to a low, or not at all.

Dancing now, on the snow capped graves that you once dug for me, I thank you in person, for your most profound, mitzvah above all - one of truth. but now no need for truce, the truth has been revealed: One Life, One Will, One Love, One G-d.

His chants so sweet and pure now emanating from every. . .door's smashed down to the ground, concealment no more, know that I'm only as alive as my source. I did not survive, but was revived. The time is now to indulge in all that G-d gives us. So I shake off the dust, Arise!



*written by Saad, a year ago; read by the sabra, a year ago; the pain in the world, from forever ago....
now i read it again; now i shivered again; and soon i'll be frozen again towards what happened today, a year ago...



[this is another post from my heart and not my pen]

6 comments:

Avi said...

Oh I see... thanks for the link. Here's something of a PS.

ma said...

thanks, nice green.

ma said...

i take that back now.

the sabra said...

ma cmon, ur missing the whole point of this post.

ma said...

ya i know snow, blah
either way i love you

the sabra said...

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa