Friday, January 19, 2007

Prayer

At this time, I close my eyes
And bare my soul (/hear my song)
With a heart filled with tears and sorrow
I pray to you for the good days that are gone
Give me the strength to carry on

And though I seem to smile and at times even to sing
Don't be fooled by these actions
Because they don't mean a thing

Our hearts would love to cry
And our minds to wonder why
But who are we to question our Father in the sky?

Soldiers keep on marching
Soldiers don't look back
Soldiers do not cry
Soldiers don't ask why

And a chossid is a soldier, always moving on
Give us the strength to carry on...

Hashem, you don't demand more than we can give
But look at us now--what's this life worth that we live?

Our hearts are torn apart
Our tears would fill the sea
And the shechina's in this Golus here with me

And our brothers live in fear
In our country we hold so dear
Always on alert
Hoping no one will be hurt

And the people they call leaders
How I wonder if they care
They put our lives in danger
Just to be Man of the Year

How long will it be?
And how much is the cost?
How many Jewish lives in Israel will be lost?
Who gives who the right
To give Chevron without a fight
Against our holy Torah and Yiddishkeit

Suddenly all at once
Like lightning from the sky
Our troubles will be over
And G-d will lift us high
And in a moment, in a second
G-d can change it all
And send us the Geulah
There's no time left to stall

And you don't demand more than we can give
But if this is what you ask, I'm sure that we will last
But till the day will come and the world will know you're One
Give us the strength to carry on...

Soldiers keep on marching
Soldiers don't look back
Soldiers do not cry
Soldiers don't ask why

Yes, I am a soldier trying to move on
Give me the strength to carry on...


(a song from Chaim Fogelman)

3 comments:

inside scoop said...

he's coming out with about 4 new albums..

David Stefanini said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

Anonymous said...

what's thia latest meeboo guesting??