Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Paper Called Life

On the entire way home from the pizza shop tonight, I was absentmindedly fiddling with the receipt.
I think it was $15.38. But who cares.
When I got back home I glanced down and happened to notice that during my fiddlation I had wrapped the paper around my finger and bent it into an interesting, unique and fascinating (aka indiscernible) design.
That set me thinking.
I figure that if everyone had their own receipt, their own paper, each one would end up with a different creation. Some would automatically create a paper airplane, some would fashion it into a rose, and some would immediately begin tearing it into shreds.
And that set me thinking.
Everyone has their own paper. A paper called Life.


(shoutout to mussi and to the other sister who reads my blog...if ya comment or email ill know how to spell ur name)

15 comments:

Nemo said...

My reciepts go straight to the trash

kasamba said...

So true, it's all what you with it!!!!

Jez said...

I never got given a piece of paper called life. No fair.

s.J. said...

smoke 'em.

smb said...

I fold and unfold sometimes

pint-sized said...

I think if Life was on a piece of paper, I would have lost it by now...maybe cardboard...

anonym00kie said...

i crumpled mine up .. many times.. but i think at this point im trying to flatten it out and straighten it out and make it pretty again.. shiny colors wont hide the wrinkles but i hope im creative enough to make use of those wrinkles in the new and improved m00kie paper!

btw, pint-sized, in your case it was a post-it note.. you know where to stick it!

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Interesting thought. I throw it away. Maybe next time I will make it into a fortune teller ha.

Jez said...

anonym00kie,

"btw, pint-sized, in your case it was a post-it note.. you know where to stick it!"

I can't believe you wrote that.

anonym00kie said...

jez, why?

Jez said...

*Jez sighs, labours under the impression that a good joke should always end with someone asking what it means*

anonym00kie said...

omg jez dont make fun of me! they'll never let me into their Post It On Your Nose Club - theyre very selective!

mussya said...

HEYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA CHAVIIIIIIIII!!!!
LOL.
So Levi told you my secret huh?
Yup..I read ur blogspot.
Hope this is the beginning to many more chats!
And this one goes out to the Cookie Monster...Elmo is NOT going home!!!

the sabra said...

errr

AlefShin said...

Love it! And as if it isn't true until commenters MAKE it true... one threw it in the trash, another smoked it, a third is too busy deciding if the paper is even worth unfolding to make any sort of design. And M00kie told Pint to stick it... hahahahaha!