Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fearing Our Own Strength

......Israel has begun the "surgery" to cleanse its environment of the noxious diseases of terror and lust for Jewish deaths. But when the blood caused by the surgery begins to gush forth, the UN may condemn, the State Department may criticize and the Israeli left will become self-loathing. The Jewish state might then be compelled to "sew" up the wound before the infection has been eliminated. If that happens, the infection of terror will be allowed to simmer beneath the surface until the next explosion occurs in a year or two or ten. (The Arabs, it must be said, have lots of patience.).........Time and time again, the State of Israel has proven the truth of the ancient saying, that when a Jew finally makes a fist, he bangs it on his heart to confess his wrongdoings.....



Click here for the entire article by Rabbi Yosef Y Jacobson

12 comments:

Pragmatician said...

I wanted to compliment you on the intelligent analogy, but it wasn't you....

the sabra said...

...unless of course pragmatician has NO idea who the sabra is..

Nemo said...

The unfortunate reality is that more and more soldiers are dieing, and it might be for naught if Israel cuts out early. But I think that they should approach much less mercifully and hit the country by air, rather than endangering more lives of soldiers.

pint-sized said...

This blog makes me sad, but I'm not sure why...

the sabra said...

pint-this blog or this post?

nemo- israel must not cut out early, we must fight em till the end and b'ezrat hashem we will win. oh and maybe our nation will wake up to see reality...

Dovid said...

Good selection there with that quote...

Chosson said...

since you did give me a shout out then i'll do it myself!
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
hehe

pint-sized said...

The blog. I just only seem to hear Israel spoken about in context of war now. Obviously this is so because Israel IS at war,but it's also a beautiful country that people are still happily living in. I know this should not make me sad because that it what happens when a country is at war, but Israel is close to my heart, I don't like to hear how bruised it is. I know that's silly.

Amishav said...

Hey Sabra! Nice to read you again-

Sorry I wasn't able to take you up on the offer of meeting some friends of yours when I was in Israel- G-d willing, I will be able to go there again next summer and take you up on the offer-

Anyway the analogy of surgery is a good one- the more people that hear about it the better- because it really does make sense.

Be well, A.

your favorite falafel guy said...

Sorry for the indifference.

-N

the sabra said...

amishav: likewise! i was thinkin maybe you joined the bedhouins and chucked the computer in the process ;)

my worst falafel guy: ain li moosag al mah ata midaber

pint-sized: its whats on my mind now. but ur in luck-i am planning on copying something i read bout israel-i liked it at least.

chosson: cry cry

dovid: um i dont quite get it. you talkin bout the rabbi or the sabra? either way we say thank you :)

Avi said...

I much like. Reminded me of this vort from the Mechaber Kisvei Akavish.