Sunday, May 28, 2006

one rock of the shchem boulder

As we are about to begin our lengthy and courageous journey to Kever Yosef, located in Shchem, one girl cries out "Wait! I needa shave!".
Dancing eyebrows and tapping feet and then-
"I'm just being careful cuz its very possible that we'll get blown up or attacked by Arabs, so when the people, the soldiers come to rescue us and take us to the hospital maybe, I wanna make sure that I look presentable and shaved and I don't have to worry about anything."
After a pause, a couple girls joined her.

Strange, this place they call Holy.


(stay tuned for more on my kever yosef experience...yknow, the real stuff)

11 comments:

Nemo said...

"Boruch Hashem Shelo Asani Ishah"

chanie said...

sorry, nemo. disagree. i happen to be female, and i think that is downright dumb.

the sabra said...

nemo lol!

o and chanie, what does it say in pirkei avos about judgin ur fella?

princesschaya said...

lol, even w/ shaving etc...i'd rather be a female than a male

wishes outspoken said...

I recall something similar 'bout a guy who's friend asked him why would he spend hundreds on brand name undergarments if no-one can see them anyway

s.J. said...

*snort*
wierd people.

Tomboy said...

I'm having issues with that notion.

Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

LOL! Oy females... :) Hehehe.

the sabra said...

holy and mundane smushed into one-sums up my life in israel. like the beach and the kotel lament (nemo, thats urs again).

and yes, for the record, i thought it was absolutely ridiculous when it happened.

Scraps said...

[snort]

I'm female, and I think that's ridiculous.

the sabra said...

gosh why does EVERYONE ALWAYS miss the point?

ok, not EVERYONE. and not ALWAYS. but close enough.