Thursday, January 26, 2006

(Rabbi Y. Jacobson told this story over during a chassidus shiur)

An elderly man was at the doctors office for a checkup. After the doctor saw him, he told him that he should come back the following week as there was something he wanted to check out. On the way out, the man went over to the secretary to schedule the follow-up appointment.

The woman looked up the doctor's schedule and told him that there was an opening the next week at 9:30 in the morning.

"I'm sorry", he told her, but at 9:30 I eat breakfast with my wife."

"Well," she replied, "why don't you tell your wife that next week your going to have to push off breakfast by an hour or so".

"I can't," he answered, "you see, my wife is living at a senior center. A few years ago, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and she won't understand if they tell her that I'll be late".

The secretary, a bit puzzled, asked, "well, if she has Alzheimer's, then what's the big deal? She doesn't know who you are anyways!"

The elderly man looked at her with tears welled up in his eyes and said, "She may not know who I am, but I still know who she is".


i got this from vintage jean's blog (wandering ramble)
thanks vj, hope that was ok!

No comments: